Sunday, October 30, 2016

You Tube, Animoto, and QR Codes

Hi there! Today, I will be looking over and reviewing a few different uses for technology in the library. First, YouTube is used in education for teaching lessons, recording learning experiences, and guiding students through activities. In the library, there are many procedures and tools that can be explained through YouTube. After looking over a few channels by schools, I have listed the most helpful and enjoyable videos for students on each of the channels.

The Norman High Library
Most Helpful: Getting Started with the NHS Library Website
Most Enjoyed by Students: Tiger Visits the Norman High Library

The Unquiet Library
Most Helpful: AP Exam Study Book Suggestion
Most Enjoyed by Students: The Students Become the Teachers

Pikesville High School Library
Most Helpful: Pikesville High School FAFSA
Most Enjoyed by Students: The Panther Library Shakes

BBMS Media
Most Helpful: Bring Them Back Overdue Book Parody
Most Enjoyed by Students: Dr. Katherine and the Book Hoarder

When looking at each channel, I sorted by most popular videos within each channel to see which videos students watched more often. Using that information and considering the content of the video, I made the list above based on these criteria.

Another tool used in the library is Animoto which allows users to create videos using pictures and text. I have created the book trailer below, but there are many options for using it in the library.




QR Codes create a unique code to scan linking users to a site or program quickly. They can be used for scavenger hunts, research sources, and linking directions or videos throughout the library. I look forward to using them frequently, especially for directions or tutorials for library services. It would be simple to create cards with QR codes with links to screencasts or videos to guide students through library procedures and resources. Below is a QR code to link to the above Animoto book trailer. It was simple to create using the website QR Code Generator (www.qr-code-generator.com).





4 comments:

  1. Kaylin I really like your book trailer. I will be getting it for my daughter soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it really easy to create QR codes too. I am looking forward to creating much more. Your book trailer was really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on your book trailer I really enjoyed viewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trailer! I really liked how simple Animoto made it to create a neat trailer in a limited amount of time!

    ReplyDelete