When considering how to use Vine, I was surprised with how simple it was to create a video that was only six seconds yet it included the information I needed. I thought about the new books I just received from Scholastic and how they often go unnoticed if they aren't featured properly. A Vine video is perfect for this! It took several attempts to get the timing and video to look like I wanted, but I was happy with it in the end.
For the screencasts, I used both Jing and Screencast-O-Matic. Both were extremely simple to use and did not take long to download at all. I felt that I like the user-friendly layout and was surprised with the simplicity to navigate. I had always wondered what people used to create tutorials online! I am thrilled to know how to use this function and could find it extremely helpful when explaining information or technology to teachers, parents, substitutes, etc. I used the Jing program to create a tutorial for finding the online library catalog for the district where I work. I used Screencast-O-Matic for creating a Popplet using the website rather than the app. After using both programs, I really and truly could not decide which one would be my favorite since they were so similar. I could not get the Jing video to convert to a video file, so I wasn't able to put it on the Blogger after many attempts and uploads. The Screen-O-Matic is my favorite program simply because of how quickly it uploaded to my blog.
Sources:
Instagram. (n.d.). Retrieved October 23, 2016, from https://www.instagram.com/
Screencast-O-Matic. (n.d.). Retrieved October 20, 2016, from http://screencast-o-matic.com/
Vine. (n.d.). Retrieved October 23, 2016, from https://vine.co/
Hi Kaylin, great job on creating your screen cast. It was really easy to follow. I too never thought of using Instagram or Vine for educational purposes until now. We have so many possibilities at our finger tips with all the tools that technology has to offer.
ReplyDeleteI love your Vine! What a great idea on how to use it! Now if I can get my technology to work I will try again! Thanks for posting a successful video - at least I know it can be done! :) :)
ReplyDeleteCute Vine!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear you used Jing with no problems. I had so many issues with it that I gave up on it and just used Screencast-o-matic instead.
Thank you for creating the Popplet screen cast!
ReplyDelete