Infographics are extremely popular across the internet for sharing statistics, charts, and information in a visually-appealing format. I had always been curious about how they were created when seeing one on Pinterest or social media. When creating the infographic, I chose to use the information from the report called Parents, Teens, and Digital Monitoring by Monica Anderson. Most of the report contained statistics that were surprisingly high for what I expected. After watching several different videos on how to create the infographic, I was impressed with how simple it was to design one using Piktochart.
I tried to create the infographic online using Easel.ly and Infogr.am, but their layouts that were available for free were not as appealing for the information I needed to include. Pie charts, bar graphs, and maps were not suitable for the research findings in the report. Easel.ly had a design that I liked, but the site took a long time to load and was glitchy when trying to click on the different blocks. For what I needed, Piktochart worked really well to present the information. I feel that I could have created the infographic just off of their guided steps while designing it for the first time. The page had tips and guides to walk you through the process. I look forward to using infographics for my students and in the library now that I know how simple they can be to create.

You infographic contained very interesting information. Great job in putting it together!
ReplyDeleteAs I was watching youtube tutorials to better understand these sites I recall seeing in several that easel.ly works best on Mozilla Firefox since it can be a bit glitchy on other browsers. Perhaps that may have been the reason it wasn't loading properly.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the infographic!
I too always wondered how those things called "infographics" were created. :) I'm glad I learned how!
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing your infographic, I regret not using Piktochart. Your work is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteInteresting article you chose. I really enjoyed visually looking at the data in your infographic.
ReplyDelete