![Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by [Quintero, Isabel]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61EuNMIYcKL.jpg)
Gabi's diary tells all about her teenage life during her senior year. She is an amazing friend, caring daughter, and has a million things going through her head at any given moment. Learning from her mother's past getting pregnant outside of wedlock, she is very cautious and thoughtful about the consent and desire for sexual relationships. When her friend is raped by a boy at school, it consumes her life and she begins to think about how many others have been affected in similar situations. Gabi has incredible thoughts about the way women's bodies are portrayed in the media and by others. She is described in such great detail that I felt like Gabi was a real girl that I knew by the end of the book. Any teenage girl who reads this book will be challenged to think deeply and encouraged to be courageous regardless of the outcome. This book was phenomenal.
Quintero, I. (2014). Gabi, a girl in pieces. Retrieved July 3, 2016, from https://www.amazon.com/Gabi-Girl-Pieces-Isabel-Quintero-ebook/dp/B00LDYEVZ2/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Quintero, I. (2014). Gabi, a girl in pieces. Retrieved July 3, 2016, from https://www.amazon.com/Gabi-Girl-Pieces-Isabel-Quintero-ebook/dp/B00LDYEVZ2/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
No comments:
Post a Comment