Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow


This book is not something I would have ever chosen for myself but had such intense plot and story development that it was very suspenseful. I prefer books with well-developed characters, and this book did not do a great job with this. As the title suggests, a fictional society has a specific set of rules enforced the government and people. The setting takes place in a dystopic society where hostages are essentially exchanged for political justice and power. One of the main characters is named Talis who works during the entire book to maintain peace and justice without harming others. When cities declare war, they are bombed and destroyed to send a message. I would recommend this book for teens (older than 13 years of age) just because of the language and violence.

2016 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
Bow, E., & Bernet, J. (2016). The scorpion rules. Paris: Lumen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment